Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I am (trying to be) Crafty

Hello All!
I know you are all getting excited about the holidays. Thanksgiving is this Thursday! Can you believe time has gone by so fast? It is unbelievable. And Christmas is right around the corner. I can't wait! Christmas really is the most wonderful time of the year. Everyone is in a happy mood, the women are baking, the men are cooking the turkey and greens, and the children all sit around the Christmas tree drooling over their presents. However, the BEST part about Christmas is the fact that Jesus was born into this world to one day save us from our sins. How amazing and wonderful. That act of love is the best gift that anyone could give. No one could give a better present than that, it is unbeatable. Sometimes I just sit and think about how many people really would give up their life for me, or take the blame for the wrongs that I had done. There aren't that many, I can tell you that. Not because people don't love me, but because that is a hefty price to pay. Would you give up your life for just anybody, or take the blame for killing someone when you had never sinned in your life? Good gracious, no. But Jesus would, and did. How awesome and humbling.

Anyways, I've quit preaching and gone to meddling. The reason I blogged today was to show you my wonderful craft I have FINALLY fininshed! I know you have been anxiously awaiting the results, right? [Ok, you probably haven't, but you could at least pretend! :) ] A while back I went to Michael's Craft Store, which by the way is my favorite store ever, and I bought some materials. Here they are:


So, what did you think I was making? ........


A beautiful wreath!
I spent SOOO much time on this thing.
First, I wrapped the wooden wreath with cream colored yarn, which took an eternity. If this inspires you to do your own wreath, just let this be your warning. I started and stopped probably four different days before the cream yarn was finished. The rest after that was pretty easy. I wrapped brown yarn in different areas and then attached the flower pin and green buttons in different areas using a needle and some thread. I am so proud of it, it is quite comical actually. I guess it would mean more to you if you did one yourself, because then you would know how much time I spent on it. But in any case, this is the last wreath I will be doing for a while.
 I loved making this wreath. 
 I'm glad I am done!!!

Have a great Thanksgiving Day, and remember to give all thanks to Him.

Until Next Time,
Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment