Thursday, November 3, 2011

Our First (Mis)Adventure

Hello All,
It has been beautiful weather lately, hasn't it? Last week we took our puppy to his first vet visit. We were so excited because it meant we would be taking him in on his new leash we just bought and we were going to show off to the Vet by showing her all of Crimson's new tricks we (Clay) had taught him. Well, we get there and of course everybody is ooh-ing and ahh-ing over our puppy. He is so cute that the reactions almost come natural to people. Anyways, we fill out our necessary paperwork and sit down to wait on the Vet. Meanwhile, Clay is already talking to the receptionist about all of the cool tricks we have taught.
(Side note: The way we taught Crimson to do all of the cool things he does is by feeding him balogna and ham. I thought this was a bad idea from the start, mainly because it left me with no lunch meat, so I suggested to Clay to feed Crimson carrots when he does something good. Clay laughed at the mere mention of it, and I guess Crimson felt the same way because he spit out the first carrot I gave him, so back to the balogna we went.)
Ok, so we are both talking to the receptionist now about Crimson's great ability to learn tricks and Clay pipes up and says "Yeah, our dog must LOVE balogna because he'll do almost anything for it. That's what we give him as treats." Now let me just tell you what happened next, well, I wish I would have had a video recorder for her reaction. She drew in a deep breath and her eyes got as big as two oranges. She said "Oh my gosh! Please tell me you aren't feeding that poor puppy balogna! That is horrible for him...one of the worst things you could feed a puppy is balogna because it has pork in it." This is when Clay starts telling her that we are newlyweds, and we don't just have doggy treats laying around the house, so we had to resort to something that we eat ("human food" is what she calls it, which apparently is a sin in a veterinarians office to give a puppy "human food"). So she comes up with a solution, and says "well, if you are absolutely going to give him human food, the best food you could give him would be carrots". Need I say more? Honestly? Thank you God, You are so good! For once in my life I am right about something, and I didn't even know it at the time! I didn't really rub it in though, because Clay's face got all red and I could tell he was embarrassed. It was so funny though, and as soon as she said "carrots" we both busted out laughing. I'm sure they all thought we were idiots in that office, because they sent us home with a complimentary (yeah, right) bag of dog food, dog treats, and a fluffy dog toy that squeaks when you squeeze it. I guess they thought we were mistreating our dog because we fed him balogna. We just didn't know any better, but the experience was hilarious to say the least.

                                                        Our first Vet visit with Crimson
In other news in our lives, I would ask you all to pray for my Granny. She has been in the hospital since Monday and we hope she can come home soon. She is having multiple tests done on her to see what the problem is, but until then I would ask that you keep her in your prayers. She definitely needs some uplifting. Also today, I have an exam in Microeconomics that is worth 57% of my grade. Yeah, 57%. So it kind of stresses me out, which means now I need to get off of the computer and start studying before the exam. I hope you all have a great day and God bless you.
Until Next Time,
Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment