Monday, September 12, 2011

Birthday Time

Today it's my birthday! I am 21 today, and so happy to be able to live another year. God is so good. Birthday's have always been a big deal at my house, my Mom and Dad always threw birthday parties for each of us every time another year rolled around. This year, I am 21, but that doesn't change anything for me. I'm not going to go out tonight and binge drink. Why would I? I want to set an example of Christ, and be remembered for what I acted like. I want people to remember me as a constant, someone who never changed or acted a different way in front of different people. With that being said, going out and drinking on my 21st birthday is just not something  that I would normally do. I don't want a lost person to see me and say "She is not any different than me, why do I want to become a Christian ?". I want them to see the love of God in me, and I try daily to portray that and show others around me this. (I just went way into left field there, but I've been thinking of it lately, so I had to say it.) Anyways, because birthdays are special to me and my family, we went over to my mom and dad's house this weekend to celebrate. This is something that is special, not because I get a present or two, or because all of the attention is on me, but because we are all together enjoying one anothers' company. I wanted to share a picture of one of my birthday parties that I have saved on my computer. This picture means so much. My sister and best friend sits right beside me, my cousins Amanda and Melissa attended and are behind me, My Papa who is missed but is in heaven now is behind all of us, and Daddy who is getting ready to cut the cake are all there. Oh, and who can forget one of the most important people in the whole picture, Mom. Of course you can't see her, that's because she is always the one taking the picture, but she is very important in the birthday celebration, she usually is the one who plans it all. Well, the whole gang is here, and while it might not be tons of friends from school, the people who matter the most were there, and that's family. Family sticks together through thick and thin.


 I hope you all have a marvelous day, and I'll try to do the same! ;)
Until next time,
Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment