Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pots, Pans, and Lizards, OH MY!

Hello All,

It is a wonderful day today, isn't it? Even though it is rainy and cold here, it is still a wonderful day because we needed the rain and because God allowed us to wake up another day and praise Him. I talked to my mom on the phone this morning for a while, which was great. I miss my family dearly but I also love living the life of a wife. She has done so much around the house to decorate for fall with little scarecrows, pumkins, and hay adorning the front porch. I guess I need to take the hint and start being festive for fall as well. We had a good talk and she caught me up on the latest info I needed to know about the family.

(The next paragraph is about my family, so if you don't care about reading about my bragging on my family, just skip this one and move down to the lizard paragraph. It is sure to give you good laughs.)
Hanna was recently voted "Best All Around" in her senior class, which is a great honor. I am so happy for her and her accomplishments in life so far. As my Dad would say, "She has her head screwed on right"...which basically means she is doing the right thing and has her thoughts on the future and how bright it looks. She is also in HOSA which is a health care organization for high school students, and she is going to have her CNA license before she graduates high school. How neat is that? I couldn't be prouder and more excited for her. Caleb is doing well in school and is becoming a star on his football team. I can't wait to be able to attend one of his games. Dad says he is quite the football player and has blocked the quarterback and tackled him at least 4 times in the last game alone! He is all boy, after all, boys are supposed to be tough, and Caleb is the epitome of a boy. Dad is still working on my car that I wrecked, and he said it should be done by this weekend or early next week. My dad is so talented, I used to say when I was a little girl that "my daddy could fix everything but a broken heart, and sometimes he can even fix that". Mom is trying to get my Grandma's affairs in order. We all miss her, but we know she is in a better place.

So that is just the first part of the morning. I decided to get up from my chair after doing my Bible study and straighten up a bit, and what do you know I see a LIZARD on the floor! First off, how did a lizard even get in here? Second off, HOW IN THE WORLD am I supposed to get this thing out of here? I don't want to just leave it there, because it might come over to where I do my school work and crawl up my leg or something....we can't be having that. Of course Clay is working, so he can't do anything about it 30 miles away. I had to take action, and the only thing I could think about was to catch him. I got a pot out of the kitchen and slowly crept up on him and of course he started moving his head around and looked straight at me when I was standing over him with a pot. I won. He is in the pot as we speak, waiting for the lizard killer (Clay) to come to my rescue. I know that must sound stupid to you, but hey, what else am I to do? At least you have something to take away from my post today.....if you have a lizard in your home, catch it with a pot if you don't know what else to do.


I must get going now. I am wasting time and that is something I simply don't have time for today! Come back and see me.

Until next time,
Tiffany (the lizard catcher)

P.S. I haven't forgotten about my craft project I started, I just haven't had alot of time recently to finish it. Imagine that!?! Anyways, it is still a work in progress, but I promise to keep you updated when I finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment