Thursday, August 18, 2011

Grandma's Apron


Cooking dinner for my Husband! I'm wearing my apron that I made a few years ago with my Grandma. I would visit her a few times a week, and each time I would visit her we would work a little more on completing my apron. She offered to make me one and save time, but I wanted to make one with her so I could savor the fun memories we had together. It took me two or three months to complete an apron that should take 2 days, but she was patient, and I was a slow and steady learner. We finished it together, and it makes me happy when I pull it out of the drawer to put it on. Well, I must get going. Dinner isn't going to cook itself! We're having shepherds pie and biscuits for dinner, with peanut butter pie for dessert. What about you? I hope it's good, and made with love.* Whatever it is, eat it while spending time with your family. I am convinced that mealtime is what many families are lacking, and that's why they aren't a close-knit family. The family that eats together, stays together. :)

*Everything I make is made with love, if not I don't think Clay would eat half of it. He is a picky eater, but he eats what I cook because he knows I work hard on it. So, I cook with love and he eats with more love.

Until next time,
Tiffany

1 comment:

  1. We had grilled hamburgers, baked beans and french fries! You are right about dinner being a special time for families. Matt ate with us tonight which was a rare treat as he is usually working. I'm so excited to keep up with you, love your blog!! Also love the apron!

    ReplyDelete