Friday, August 12, 2011

Thankful

Good morning all! Today's post is about being thankful. I woke up this morning and found a recipe my wonderful mother had given me on a sticky note on my floor. I hurriedly picked it up and went into the kitchen to transcribe my mother's recipe in my handy dandy cookbook. This is no ordinary cookbook, mind you, this is in my opinion one of the best wedding gifts I have received and by far the most personal to me.This cookbook was given to me by all of the women in my church. They all got together and collaborated with one another on what to put in this cookbook to get me started. As everybody knows, a newlywed definitely needs help in the area of cooking when she is just starting out, and I am certainly no exception to this rule. In this cookbook there are all kinds of recipes, and it is so neatly organized. The different dividers are labeled Appetizers, Delicious Desserts, Main Dishes, Side Dishes, Vegetables, and Soups & Salads. I can tell that the ladies that did this really took some time putting this together for me. So, if you are out there, and are in need of a wedding shower idea, look no further! Put your new Bride-to-be a cookbook together and she will cherish it always. Today, I found that I am thankful for all of the women in my life who have given me a positive outlook, encouragement, and advice throughout the years. What are you thankful for today? Through everything you can always find something to be thankful about, even if it is something as little as being able to wake up to a brand new day. God is so good! Thank Him for the blessings in your life.

Until next time,
Tiffany

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tiffany!!!

    I'm so excited to be able to keep up with you! I love your blog will enjoy sharing your life and adventures!!

    Love ya lots! Joyce

    ReplyDelete