Saturday, August 13, 2011

Macaroni

Good Day all! It is a wonderful day today, the sun is shining, I am drinking pink lemonade, and my husband is outside doing what he does best, mow the lawn :) . Yesterday my darling family came over and we laughed and talked and played cards and ate. Isn't that what most families who haven't seen each other in a while do? Everybody just sits around and eats. I'm sure there is somewhere in the Bible that says you shouldn't do that, and I know it can't be healthy for you, but it brings everybody around the table to talk, so that means it must be worth it, right? I think so. Besides, if you live in the South, it's manadatory to do that. Eat until you can't eat anymore, and then get another plate full. That's why there are so many all-you-can-eat buffet's around here. I've been to New York and Washington before, twice as a matter of fact, and I don't remember seeing any buffet places anywhere. So, it is good to be a Southern. What isn't good is to wake up wanting to make waffles from scratch and not having any flour. That's what's no fun, because then you are forced to eat left overs out of the refrigerator. If only cereal wasn't $10 a box (I'm exaggerating, but still) then we wouldn't be forced to eat leftovers. Ahh, the joys of being married while also being broke. Please though, have no pity on me. I want to be able to look back when I get old and look over at Clay in my rocking chair on the front porch and say, "Hey, remember that one time when we ate macaroni and cheese for breakfast?" (and even besides that, I like macaroni and cheese). These are the good 'ole days. Well, the chores aren't going to get done with me playing around on the computer all day, so sadly, I must go. My words of advice today are always look on the bright side of things. While I do my chores I normally turn on some music and sing along to make the time go by quicker. It's fun, and since there is no one in the house, I can sing as loud as I want to! Well, high ho, high ho, it's off to work I go! Have a great day!

Until next time,
Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment