Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Wonderful Wednesday

I am going to start a segment called Wonderful Wednesday. Every wednesday I am going to post something that is wonderful and brings joy to my life. Sometimes it might be little things, sometimes it might be dramatic things, but whatever it is, it brings joy to my life, thus the saying Wonderful Wednesday. Today's joyous occasion was brought about by a wonderful craft project that I did about a week ago. The story of my craft came from an idea that sparked in my head wondering whether or not I could turn a rusty old fish into something more attractive. I got the fish from the people who lived in this house before Clay and I moved here. They said they would purposely leave things here, and whatever they left we could do whatever we wanted to with it. They left a few things, but the most striking to me were the "outdoor enhancements" like this fish. It was old and rusty, so I tried my hand at painting. I bought some acrylic paint at Michaels in a beautiful blue tone that matched the stones on the fish, and away I went with the paint brush. I loved the outcome! It was fun in the process of painting it, and now I love to look at it when I walk outside. What do you think about my newly painted fish?
                                                                         Before:
After:



 What is your verdict? Do you like the change? I hope you and yours have a Wonderful Wednesday!

Until next time,
Tiffany

1 comment: