Thursday, August 18, 2011

Crest

Hello All! I trust you are having a marvelous Thursday! Today I would like to share with you what caused our first marital disagreement.

Time: Shortly after returning from Puerto Rico
Place: Grocery Store
Who: Clay and Tiffany

So, we were walking down the personal care aisle and we come upon the toothpaste. Clay reached down for the Pepsodent and I shot him a weird and questioning look. "Who has ever even heard of Pepsodent?" I ask. Apparently Pepsodent is an off-the-wall cheapo brand of toothpaste. So, Clay and I are in the store, I am on my hands and knees looking on the bottom shelf for something a little bit better and more heard of than Pepsodent for something to brush my teeth with. Clay told me I was being ridiculous about the whole ordeal and pointed me to the active ingredient on both bottles of toothpaste. Crest has 0.243% sodium fluoride while Pepsodent has 0.24% sodium fluoride. I think that the 0.003% extra sodium fluoride is a good enough reason right there to get Crest, but Clay begged to differ. I have to defend myself saying that I grew up using nothing but Crest as toothpaste my entire life. Every family has their own little quirks. Some people only use Ragu sauce for their spaghetti, some people drink Pepsi and not Coke, some people use only Dove soap, and the list goes on. Everybody has their preferences, and I begged Clay to let me get the Crest. All of this happened while I was sitting on the floor in the grocery store looking at the toothpaste boxes that surrounded me as the people walking by stared at our absurdity. My argument was that Crest tastes better, and Clay's argument was that I wasn't going to be eating it, just brushing my teeth with it. True, but I'm going to be tasting it, so same thing! We ended up getting Clay's Pepsodent toothpaste because it costs $0.69. Yeah, I know, a toothpaste that is that cheap has to have something wrong with it, or it has to be bad for you, or something! The next time I went home, I told my Daddy about this horrible happening and he promised he would give Clay a hard time about it (all in good fun of course). Clay walks in the door and my Dad says to Clay "Son, did you know I have invested over $2,000 in that girls' mouth and you are making her use the $0.69 toothpaste? What a shame." Then Dad started laughing and Clay knew he was joking. It scared Clay for a minute though! Well, needless to say, I have been looking for coupons in the paper for Crest, and so has everyone who knows me, so I can get Crest at a discount. Round 2 shopping trip came about two weeks later and we come home with this.



We found a good deal, so Clay let me stock up for a year. Haha! It was all really funny, but serious too. I mean, hey, Crest is the Best! We both got to be right. Clay got to be the head of the house and have the final say the first time at the grocery store. I got to be the neck of the household the second time we went to store, because the neck turns the head whichever way she wants it to go! :) I hope you enjoyed our story. Everyone we have told it to thus far have. And I think I have everybody at our church looking for coupons for me in the paper and letting me know when there is a good deal on Crest. Toothpaste is serious stuff around here.

Until next time,
Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment